Lifestyle, affordability and big-city perks:
here’s why you’ll love working local with us.
Rail First currently has operations in Sydney, Adelaide and Goulburn. But we’re also a company built to grow – we’ve established an enviable position as a market leader in rail freight leasing and maintenance across Australia and we are continually expanding the scope of our leasing solutions and our service and workshop facility footprint nationally, with plans to extend our operations into the Asia Pacific market.
Goulburn, New South Wales
Looking for a change in career and lifestyle?
Rail First’s Goulburn facility offers you and your family a refreshing change in pace and a bright future with a stable yet growing company.
(But if city life’s more your style, we’ve got you covered there, too!)
Our Goulburn maintenance facility is in the heart of regional New South Wales. Here you’ll find a small and close-knit team of mechanics, auto-electricians, fitters, managers and administrators – all contributing toward keeping our locos and equipment running smoothly and safely.
Just a two-hour drive from Sydney, it offers everything you and your family need to thrive in a welcoming, close-knit community.
From stunning landscapes and boutique wineries to kid-friendly activities and adrenaline-pumping sports, Goulburn is a perfect blend of country charm, community and convenience.
Here’s why we think you and your family will love living and working local with us:
- Affordability and livability – owning your own home is within reach in Goulburn!
- A thriving foodie scene – from cosy cafes and pubs to fine dining and wineries…..and plenty of fresh producs!
- No traffic, no long commute – less time behind the wheel means more time to spend with family and doing what you enjoy.
- So much to see and do – go for a hike in Bungonia National Park, get your heart pumping at motorsports events, marvel at the Wombeyan Caves, visit the Goulburn Rail Heritage Centre, and go fishing, golfing or cycling!
- Plus, we have excellent schools, a vibrant arts community, friendly people, and so much more!
Islington, South Australia
Perfer to work a little closer to the city?
Our Islington maintenance facility is just 6km from the Adelaide CBD.
Here at Islington, you’ll find a team of hardworking tradespeople and professionals – all contributing toward keeping our locos and equipment running smoothly and safely.
Touted as one of the world’s most livable cities, Adelaide offers incredible cultural and entertainment opportunities.
Experience the mod cons of city living while still enjoying a relaxed, family-friendly lifestyle.
Here’s what else you’ll love about living and working with Rail First in Adelaide:
- Adelaide is one of the most affordable Australian capital cities in terms of living costs.
- We’ve got a thriving food and bar culture, from hip laneway bars to rooftop restaurants.
- It’s a city, but it’s refreshlingly laid back – colourful and diverse, minus the stress and hassle of a bigger city.
- Your weekend getaways are covered! Explore the wine regions of the Barossa Valley, McLaren Vale and Clare Valley, check out the quaint villages in the Adelaide hills, or hop over to Kangaroo island.
- Plus festivals, world-class sporting events, art galleries, museums, the botanic gardens, top schools, and so much more